Thursday, October 1, 2009

Although we have been busy - I don't have many pictures to show for it. =)
Unfortunately, I hurt my back working with my little ones at Croyden, so I have been healing that injury - slowly, but surely. This has prevented us from doing many things this summer - major bummer. There is always next year!
Here is just an overview of what Devon and I HAVE been able to do, in spite of my injury and Devon's 'extra time on his hands'...
I helped throw a double baby shower for two very special childhood friends -Natalie and Kate- in July, followed by a great bachelorette celebration in Detroit for Sarah -a friend from college!
Devon and I attended a leadership summit in August - we listened to some very powerful people speak about how we can have an impact in our own community and it may reach far beyond what we had ever intended. Very cool, and very inspiring!
Devon and I celebrate 4 years together as a married couple on August 12th. We were able to spend the weekend in Chicago and we even snuck in a day at Lake Geneva!
Andrea made the trek up to Milwaukee for Aunt Robin's Sun-Rise Celebration for her 50th birthday! It was beautiful, and so great to see everyone wish her well on her next 50 years.
Devon spent 10 days in Ithaca, New York helping Dane (his youngest brother) renovate and split a house into a duplex...they kicked up a lot of dust, but it was worth the effort!!!
Throughout the summer and now into the fall, Devon has been working even harder on finishing our basement. We are both looking forward to our new 'exercise room' and an 'entertainment room.' (more on this in an upcoming post!)
There have been many birthdays , a couple of weddings, and many birth announcements.
It has been a summer full of blessings and lots of physical therapy...THAT IS LIFE!!! lol